Welcome to my work in progress. A little rough around the edges, but hopefully will educate as well as provide some relief for those also going through the craziness of daily life with Autism. Hope you enjoy it :o)

Friday, January 6, 2012

Introduction

This post probably should have been first, but the other one was in my head screaming to get out. Not that I hear voices in my head, mind you, (I'm not Edward Cullen) but when you're at home day in and day out watching Smallville marathons, you get that Stream of Consciousness thing goin on.

I'm Tina. 36 yrs old. Divorced. SuperMom of 3. Diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and Generalized Anxiety. I love baseball. I'll be a Twins fan for life. This pic was taken at Target Field, my second home from April to October. As I'm sure you can tell, I love watching Smallville. I read non stop. I'm a Twilight and Harry Potter addict, and have just gotten into Stephen King books. They creep me out, but for some reason I just can't put them down. I dress to be comfortable. That means jeans and tshirts. Sweatshirts if it's cold, and sometimes jerseys...baseball or hockey. Oh yeah, I like the Wild too. Back to the Future is my favorite movie, my favorite color is purple, and I prefer carnations over roses.
Nicholas. My first born. Sensitive. Soft spoken. A thinker. He'll be 13 in February, has Aspergers, ADHD, loves Legos, anything outer space related, and watches Storage Wars with me. He walks around answering "YUUUP!" to my questions because of that show. Thanks, Dave Hester. He's read all of the Harry Potter books, (Nicholas, not Dave. Although, I don't know that for sure, so ignore me.) and likes the Percy Jackson series.
Emily. Middle child and only girl. Also diagnosed with Aspergers. (and in my opinion, a little anxiety thrown in) Independant. Strong willed. Daddy's girl. She's 11 going on 16 with the attitude to match. Loves her American Girl dolls, plays with Monster High dolls, and watches Biggest Loser with me. She's my reality show junkie. She adores having cousins, and will be a great mom someday.
Jacob. The baby. Independent, but relies on mom. A do-er. Has Autism and ADHD. He'll be 9 in March. Loves going to the mall, playing with his Leapfrog toys, and reading books. (I love that I have readers!) Most of the time I'm his human jungle gym. It's cute, but wearing at 1am. His current obsessions are Care Bears and Powerpuff Girls.....okay. He is one of the most affectionate autistic kids I've ever met, and I love it.
I guess that's all. I'll answer anything I can about whatever you want to ask. I'm still learning about Autism, but I know a lot about Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment