1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?
Anything having to do with Autism. Duh.
2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
Bloomington never has snow days! I wouldn't care if we did.
3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
Piano playing. I took lessons as a kid, but hated it.
4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
Celebrity gossip!! Hellooooooo!
5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)
Sex on the Beach. Mmmmmmm.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
"I love your tattoo! What does it mean?"
Thanks! It's for Autism. I have a 10 yr old with Autism, and a 14yr old with Aspergers.
*head tilt* "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."
Um? They aren't DEAD, they have a neurological disorder. It's fine.
MOST of the time I get the, "Oh wow, that's a handful!" Yes, yes it is.
Okay, I know sometimes it's hard to think of what to say to someone when they 'divulge' something like that, but "I'm sorry" is the last thing I want to hear. Don't pity me.
*I'm not sorry. Sure we have our bad days. Tantrums, hitting, screaming....but what kid doesn't?? Sometimes I'd rather deal with Jacob than with Emily! (pre-teen girls....shudder)
If dealing with Autism means that I deal with this....
...then I don't want to be pitied, I want to be envied.