Welcome to my work in progress. A little rough around the edges, but hopefully will educate as well as provide some relief for those also going through the craziness of daily life with Autism. Hope you enjoy it :o)

Friday, April 6, 2012

Five Question Friday





1. Would you prefer having people over for dinner or going to their house?

Hmm. I'm more comfortable with my kids being at home (9yr old has Autism) but they are also more entertained when we go elsewhere. I stress a lot though, about what he may be getting into.



2. Favorite Bible verse and why?

I've 'adopted' Jeremiah 29:11 from my brother and sister in law. It was part of their wedding ceremony, and then when my nephew was born 10 weeks early, it was a source of strength for them. Lately I've had to keep reminding myself that God *is always there, and he does know what's in store.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

I discovered Proverbs 26:11 in high school and liked it immediately. For obvious reasons.

 "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly."

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

I'm not very good at memorizing new ones though.


3. What was the first concert you ever attended, and the most recent one?

I love being a child of the 80s/90s. New Kids on the Block!!! Woot!!! I also went to see them in 2008 when they were here.

My favorite was Jonathan. And then Donnie. I still like Donnie. Ever seen Blue Bloods?? Whoah mama.

My most recent one was Big Time Rush at the MN State Fair last summer. Clearly, I'm all about the boy bands. I took my daughter, and we had an amazing time!!

And yes, I have a favorite. Logan. His dimples are absolutely dreamy.

(I also was able to take her to Taylor Swift last summer, and that one rocked too)

I've also seen Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Reba, Brooks and Dunn, many other country bands, and a million christian bands...Newsboys, DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline...etc.


4. The year is 2025. What are you doing, and what have you done?

I'm 49. My kids will be 26, 24, and 22. (yikes!) I wouldn't mind being a grandma by then. I had #1 when I was 23, so it could happen. I'd like to be finished with school and working in the NICU by then.



5. What's your favorite Easter treat?

Three words: CADBURY. CREME. EGGS. The chocolate. The gooey center. The stickiness of it all. yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment