Welcome to my work in progress. A little rough around the edges, but hopefully will educate as well as provide some relief for those also going through the craziness of daily life with Autism. Hope you enjoy it :o)

Sunday, May 25, 2014

deep thoughts.

"Money doesn't buy happiness."

Profound thoughts from a 13 yr old. What *is happiness? I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I love baseball. The sounds, the sights, the smells....and sharing it with someone I love makes me so happy. Basically what it comes down to, is time spent. People need to stop focusing so much on what others do for them, and worry about what they're doing for others. You reap what you sow, right? Imagine if every one of us spent a whole day doing nothing but focusing on others. I bet not only would those other people be happy, but we'd feel pretty good too.

Unfortunately, my kids spend more time with their dad than they do with me. He buys them everything, and if he takes them places, it costs a fortune. Recently they've been asking why they can't spend more time with me. I assured them that this won't last forever. It made me feel good because not only do they have hardly anything here compared to at their dad's, it obviously doesn't matter to them.

I have been called selfish a few times in my life. Demanding. Insecure. etc. I think it's because that for me, spending time with someone lets me show them that I care. Even if we're only watching tv and eating pizza, it's a chance for me to be able to do stuff for that person. I can't ever pay people back for things they've done for me. All I can do is offer to babysit, or make dinner, or drive you somewhere. It's all I have.

"Money doesn't buy happiness."

People are too concerned with what someone else can do for them. If you're not focusing on someone else's happiness, then I can assure you that no one else is focusing on yours either.

I can't take you out to nice dinners. Or movies. Or baseball games. Hell, I can barely afford to buy you McDonald's. But what I can do is make you dinner, watch a movie on tv, spend time with you, and tell you that you're loved. Remember that when I ask if you want to go walk around the mall with me. It may sound boring, but it's all I have.

If that isn't enough, then I'm not the friend for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment