Welcome to my work in progress. A little rough around the edges, but hopefully will educate as well as provide some relief for those also going through the craziness of daily life with Autism. Hope you enjoy it :o)

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Don't pity me.


"I love your tattoo! What does it mean?"

Thanks! It's for Autism. I have a 10 yr old with Autism, and a 14yr old with Aspergers.

*head tilt* "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

Um? They aren't DEAD, they have a neurological disorder. It's fine.


MOST of the time I get the, "Oh wow, that's a handful!" Yes, yes it is.

Okay, I know sometimes it's hard to think of what to say to someone when they 'divulge' something like that, but "I'm sorry" is the last thing I want to hear. Don't pity me.

*I'm not sorry. Sure we have our bad days. Tantrums, hitting, screaming....but what kid doesn't?? Sometimes I'd rather deal with Jacob than with Emily! (pre-teen girls....shudder)

If dealing with Autism means that I deal with this....








...then I don't want to be pitied, I want to be envied.

No comments:

Post a Comment