Welcome to my work in progress. A little rough around the edges, but hopefully will educate as well as provide some relief for those also going through the craziness of daily life with Autism. Hope you enjoy it :o)

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Attitude.

One thing I sure have had issues with in my life, is attitude. (Be quiet, dad) When something makes me mad, it makes me MAD. 

Like, I'll be pissy for days. And it's over everything. Things I have control over, things I don't, etc. 

When I went to the dr in April, he told me to start journaling, and list three positive things every day that happen. I did it once. I started again the other day though, because it was called to my attention that I've been really negative lately. Especially about not having my kids for Thanksgiving. And there was no reason to be. So, yes, I know I have accept the holiday schedule we have, I don't have to like it, but I don't have to complain about it either. 

I HATE not knowing what's going to happen with things. 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love them, who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

That isn't a verse I really remember ever memorizing, but it's been in my head all day. 

It's getting easier to list the daily positives the more I write. I have a hard time giving things up to God. But I need to remember that it's HIS timeline I'm living on, not mine. 

So for those of you that get upset with me because I get bossy, or crabby, or think that things should happen my way, please be patient. I'm not doing it to upset you, or stop you from being happy. More than likely I don't even realize I'm doing it. 

I'm trying to live with a better attitude. Really. I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment